Basics of Brunei Studies | PB-1201
Module details: Basics of Brunei Studies
|Module Title||Basics of Brunei Studies|
|Type of Module||Major Core for Bachelor of Arts Major in Brunei Studies
Breadth for other Bachelor programmes
This module aims to expose and introduce students to the various basics and disciplines related to Brunei studies that they will undertake throughout the course of their study. After completion of this module the students will gain wider knowledge and understanding about the disciplines relevant to Brunei Studies in general.
- What constitutes Brunei Studies?
- Introduction to the core disciplines in Brunei Studies - basics and theoretical approaches of social sciences, religion, history, anthropology, sociology, political science, economy, philosophy, and law.
- Introduction to Brunei Studies Academic Exercise - Essay or report writing skills and format.
- Community services, work attachment and Internship - managing and evaluating activities, writing reports.
- Discussion and Participation: 20% (2% x 10 topics)
- Weekly Individual Reports: 50% (5% x 10 topics)
- Individual Report (summing up of weekly reports): 10%
- Individual Report Presentation: 10%
- Written Test: 10%