Socioeconomics (Brunei Darussalam and Southeast Asian Region)
Professor | Associate Professor | Senior Assistant Professor | Assistant Professor | Lecturer
Qualified applicants are invited to apply for a position in socioeconomics at the Academy of Brunei Studies (ABS), a multidisciplinary research and teaching centre concerned with all aspects of life in Brunei Darussalam relating to the humanities and social sciences. As part of its research focus, ABS also undertakes comparative and multi-country studies and research on the wider Southeast Asian region with a particular interest in Borneo.
- Applications must have a PhD in an in an appropriate discipline (Socio-Economics, Economic Geography, Statistical Studies relating to Socio-Economics, or a related field) with a strong background in Brunei or Southeast Asian socioeconomics).
- A proven record of teaching excellence at undergraduate and graduate level.
- An excellent international publication record, commensurate with experience. This excellence should be reflected in Scopus and Google Scholar.
- Demonstrate successful application, completion and leadership of research projects and their outcomes, and have a detailed future research plan, both short term and long term.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Potential applicants must have strong academic expertise in socio-economics and professional involvement through leaderships in both public and private sectors regarding socio-economic management, particularly related to Brunei Darussalam.
- Evidence of service and contribution to the domicile university (s) in terms profession and leadership and professional organizations outside university, editorial activities etc. The successful applicant is also expected to contribute to the Academy's administrative activities and community services.
- Evidence of integrating technology or using other emerging technologies in teaching, some experience of on-line teaching and the methods used. Teaching experience in both Malay Language and English Language, at undergraduate and graduate level, would be an added advantage.